* On Tuesday morning we will be focusing on our social studies standard
of "Then and Now" by combining all three kindergarten classes for a
Little Pilgrim's Day. We will have six different centers that the
children will rotate through that all focus on living in the past.
Little Pilgrim's Day will go from 8:30-10:00 in the kindergarten wing. I
will need three parent volunteers to help with the centers, so if
you're available please let me know asap!! I apologize for the short
notice!
* I added a "Sight Words" tab on my home page so you have access to the kindergarten sight word list.
* Some of you may have come across some unfinished work in your child's blue homework folder last night. I try to set aside assignments that we do in class for the students who are absent and work with them one-on-one. But if it's something that I think can be done at home, I am going to start sending it home in their folder when they return back to school. Please send it back as soon as it is completed.
* I will be sending home green poetry folders on Tuesday, November 26th. We have been learning a lot of songs/poems so far this year and have been storing them in these folders. I'd like everyone to take them home over the holiday weekend and share them with family members. There are some cute turkey poems in there too! Please make sure to return the green folder on Monday, December 2nd.
What we are learning in school...
* Literacy: we are still working on stretching, building and writing CVC words. We are also doing a lot with beginning and ending sounds as well as identifying the number of syllables in a word.
* Writing: we are writing true story narratives about things that have happened to us or something we have done. We will be ending this narrative unit before the long holiday break.
* Math: we have shifted from flat shapes to solid shapes (sphere, cone, rectangular prism, cube, etc.) We have also talked a lot about the attributes of each shape- how we can describe it.
* Social Studies: "then and now" is our main focus this month. We are learning about how people used to live in the past compared to how we are living now. They are realizing that many ways of life in the past still exist today! (i.e. planting our food, hunting, doing chores, etc.)
No comments:
Post a Comment