* I started sending home the sharing bags this week.
- Black Bag: this is Baxter the Bear and his journal. Please have your child tell about all the things Baxter got to do while spending the night at your house (parents will do the writing). Then have your child draw a small picture at the bottom of the page. I will read his journal to the class the next day. I have also asked the kids not to sleep with Baxter but to make him a special "bed" (on the night stand, in a doll bed, etc.). We also talked about taking extra special care of Baxter by keeping him away from pets, food, dirt, etc. This bag should be returned to school the following day so that I can pass it along to the next child.
- Red & Blue Bags: these are the sharing bags. Inside you will find directions indicating what needs to be brought to school in the bag the next day. For example, in October, they will need to find "fall items" as well as 1-3 candy wrappers (without the candy in them). The directions will change each month. Again, these bags need to be returned to school the following day.
* We will be going to the apple orchard next Tuesday, October 15th. We will be leaving at 12:30 and returning by 3:25. Your child must bring their car seat to school on Tuesday morning! I will send a reminder e-mail Monday night.
* Please remember to return the books that are being brought home in their books bags. I am still seeing a lot of bags returned to school without books in them! We need those books for their book tubs so please send them back to school asap!
* We have library tomorrow (Friday)! Don't forget to have your child return their book so that they can get a new one.
* I have added a new link to my website on the right hand side- it is a link to Mrs. Lacks' website (Lakeside's Art teacher) She has asked that everyone take a look at that.
No comments:
Post a Comment