* Another thank you to the parents who volunteered on our field trip this week! I thought everything went great and the kids had a fun time. I posted new pictures on Shutterfly, so check those out!
* Conference forms came home today in your child's homework folder. Please note two things:
1.) You will not be selecting an exact time, but if you need it before or after a certain time then please make note of that, and I will try my best to grant you that preference.
2.) The day you pick will be the same day for spring conferences. i.e. if you choose Tuesday now, then you will have the same Tuesday time slot in the spring.
* Next Tuesday we will be having an evacuation drill. This means that the whole school will be walking to the middle school, meeting in the gym, then heading back. I will be communicating with the kids that if there's ever a reason where it is not safe to be in our school, such as a "leaky roof" (this is what Mrs. Kehm will be saying on the intercom) then we will follow this procedure. We will be doing this rain or shine, so please make sure your child is dressed appropriately.
* I'd like to clarify how the Baxter the Bear bag works. There is a journal inside that asks you to write (kids dictate) what Baxter did during his visit. I am looking for a short paragraph that explains several things that went on at home. The kids LOVE hearing about all of his adventures (I know it's cheesy, but trust me, this is one of their favorite times of the day). An example from last year:
"Today Baxter came home with me. We colored with the babysitter, Ms. Elise. Then we had some ice cream shakes, then Baxter watched me dance. Then I made Baxter a bed on my bean bag. We read a story and went to bed."
Then at the bottom, your child can draw a picture that shows what they did with Baxter. I hope that makes more sense and please don't hesitate to ask if you're still unsure.
No comments:
Post a Comment