Friday, September 20, 2013

Week Three

*Thank you for those that were able to attend Parent Information Night. I hope I was able to answer all/most of your questions and that you now have a good idea of what will be happening in kindergarten this year. If you were not able to make it, please let me know if you have any questions about the information packet that was sent home. One of the big topics talked about that night was "Stranger Danger" so if you'd like clarification regarding what was talked about in our classroom, please feel free to talk with me after school sometime.

* Another "thank you" to those that responded about being a room parent! Julie Burns will be in contact with you with more information. 

*Most of you will find 2 key card books in your child's backpack today. Please follow the directions indicated on the form that's inside the plastic bag as there are specific steps to take.

* Your child will NOT have a sticker in their blue folder for this week as I was out of the building today. I will put stickers in the folders on Monday. 

* I added more dates to the classroom volunteer schedule. It now shows dates through the second week of October. I will continue to update that list, but if you know a day in the future that has not been posted yet, feel free to e-mail me and I will put it on my master volunteer calendar. Also, please note that I included time slots on Tuesdays to be a computer lab helper. So you'll see the location for those opportunities say "computer lab" rather than "classroom".

* I posted to kitchen volunteer schedule through the end of December. More dates to come!

* Just a note about all volunteering...if you happen check the volunteer schedule the morning of and see that it is still open and you are able to help, you can still sign up! I will receive notification immediately that you'll be coming, so don't feel like you've missed your opportunity because you didn't sign up ahead of time.

* Just a heads up, I will be doing a lot of assessing next week which means there will be a few afternoon where we'll have a guest teacher in the room. I will still be here, but I will be pulling kids one-by-one to assess while the guest teacher leads the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment