Thursday, October 13, 2016

Week Six

* Halloween is quickly approaching! We will have a school-wide parade starting at 2:00 on Monday, October 31st. If you'd like to see the parade, you can gather in the gym or along the sidewalk in front of Lakeside. Our classroom party will begin right after, around 2:30. Anyone is welcome to come to our party but you must be an approved volunteer since this is a classroom function.
          **About Halloween costumes- keep them simple at school (save the face paint for trick-or-treating). They will also be wearing their costume over their clothes for that day because we won't have enough time for everyone to change in the bathroom in-between recess (at 1:45) and the parade (at 2:00). Lastly, no swords/weapons in school. Face-masks are okay.

* October Scholastic Book orders are in Friday folders. Please submit orders online by Wednesday, October 19th using the following activation code: LKVZW.

* KIDZ Have Rights will begin on Monday, October 24th. You will only sign and return the form that is coming home in Friday folders if you want your child to OPT-OUT of the program. That opt-out form is due by Wednesday, October 19th.

* Reading bag bookmarks- I took these out of any of the reading bags that had them (they shouldn't have been put in them yet) because I haven't taught all the strategies yet. Once I teach them all, I will add the bookmark to each reading bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment