Sunday, March 1, 2015

Week Twenty-Four

* I have updated both volunteer sign-ups for the month of March. Please sign-up if you're available! I always appreciate the extra help!

* We are starting a new unit this month on oceans. We will be incorporating our science objective of living vs. non-living things by learning about what we can find in the ocean. We will be exploring this concept using great literature, exploratory experiments and tapping into our prior knowledge regarding ocean life.

* We have wrapped up our writing unit on how-to books and will begin a new unit on persuasive writing. As a grade level, we wrote a PTO grant to purchase some awesome mentor texts that are great examples of persuasive writing. I'm really looking forward to getting this unit started!

* Our Art Gala is approaching very quickly! It is on March 10th from 5:30-7:00 at the EGR High School Performing Arts Center. We will have drinks and cookies for all to enjoy. Also, we ask that our kindergarteners dress up for this event. Remember, anyone in your family is welcome to come!

* Conferences are also approaching. I will be sending home a reminder sheet sometime this next week. Remember, your day and time stays the same as it was during our first conference. Reading bags will come home this next week, but after that I will be assessing so that I have accurate information to present to you at conferences regarding your child's growth as a learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment